Purpose of this policy
This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Vermilian Pty Ltd (Vermilian) collects in Australia, and the ways in which we use that personal information.
Commitment to privacy
Your privacy is important to Vermilian. We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and protection of your personal information.
Our aim is to comply at all times with the privacy laws (incorporating the Australian Privacy Principles) that apply to us. If you have a comment, query or complaint regarding a privacy matter, we encourage you to discuss it with us.
Application of this policy
- Vermilian directly collects personal information; and
- personal information is disclosed to Vermilian pursuant to various contracts Vermilian has with organisations subject to the application of the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) and where these organisations are APP Entities (hereafter referred to as Vermilian’s ‘clients’).
Personal information collection
We will only collect your personal information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. When it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information from you directly.
Vermilian may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of our websites and the websites of our clients including associated corporate domains and sub domains;
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to eNewsletters and other website services; and
- any other information that you send to Vermilian.
Vermilian may also collect and use personal information disclosed to us pursuant to various contracts Vermilian has with our clients for the provision of products and services. Examples of the types of personal information that may be disclosed include:
- date of birth;
- contact details (such as phone and fax numbers, email addresses); and
- financial information such as asset and liability information or information about an individual’s use of financial products and services.
Website use and cookies
- determine which parts of the websites are visited most often;
- determine whether the sites are visited from a banner advertisement on another party’s website;
- monitor the success of marketing campaigns;
- adjust the content/functionality of websites to accord with user profiles and preferences; and
- analyse user device information such as browser type, device, OS version, etc
Using and disclosing personal information
Vermilian may use your personal information to:
- administer our websites;
- enable your access to and use of website services;
- send to you products that you enquire about or purchase;
- supply to you services that you enquire about or purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications if subscribed.
Vermilian may also use your personal information disclosed to us by our clients to assist our clients:
- provide you with products and services;
- answer your queries or concerns;
- comply with any legal or regulatory obligations imposed on them; and
- perform their necessary business functions.
Where Vermilian discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Vermilian may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
From time to time we will use the personal information we collect from you to inform you of products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information, you can opt out from direct marketing communications at any time by contacting us.
Disclosing personal information to overseas recipients
We will not send your personal information to any person or organisation in a foreign country unless you consent to our doing so or we reasonably believe the other country has privacy laws that are substantially similar to Australia's.
Please note though that personal information that you submit for publication on a website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
Securing your data
Vermilian will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Your personal information is stored within secure systems that are protected in controlled facilities. Our employees and authorised agents are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
At any time, you may request access to your personal information. We may provide you with access to that information either by providing you with copies of the information requested, allowing you to inspect the information requested or providing you with an accurate summary of the information held.
Prior to providing you access we may ask you to provide evidence of your identity.
Whenever practicable, we will respond to any request for access within fourteen (14) days of receiving your request. If we consider that the personal information you request access to will be complex or time-consuming to compile, we may charge a fee for processing your request.
We will also take reasonable steps to amend or correct your personal information to keep it accurate and up-to-date. Please contact us if you would like to access or request a correction of your personal information.
Updating this statement
Privacy concerns or complaints
If you have concerns or wish to make a complaint regarding the handling of your personal information by us please contact us as below. We will promptly investigate your complaint and notify you of the outcome.
Level 19, 6-10 O'Connell Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: +61 2 8264 2100
If you are not happy with our internal privacy complaints resolution procedure, you may take your complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner, whose contact details are below.
The Privacy Commissioner
Level 8, Piccadilly Tower
133 Castlereagh Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 1300 363 992
Updated: 10 March 2014